The Philippine Embassy in Washington DC informs the public that it will be accepting applications for overseas voter registration for the 2025 Philippine National Elections starting 09 December 2022 to 30 September 2024.
Registration is open from Monday to Friday at 9:00 – 3:00 pm (except holidays). Appointment is not required.
All citizens of the Philippines abroad, who are not otherwise disqualified by law, and at least eighteen (18) years of age on 12 May 2025 may register to vote overseas for Senators and Party-List Representatives during the overseas voting period for the 2025 Philippine National Elections which will start on 13 April 2025 until 12 May 2025.
To register for overseas voting, applicants must personally submit all of the following requirements to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC:
- One (1) printed copy of the accomplished Overseas Voter Registration Form (OVF1);
- Original and one (1) photocopy of valid Philippine Passport; and
- Original and one (1) photocopy of proof of current Filipino citizenship (i.e. green card, visa, notice of action, work permit, or dual IC).
In the absence of a valid Philippine passport, any of the following can be submitted:
- Approved Report of Birth
- In case of applicants who reacquired their Filipino Citizenship pursuant to Republic Act No. 9225, the original or certified true copy of the Order of Approval of their application to retain or reacquire their Filipino citizenship issued by Post or their Identification Certificates issued by the Posts or the Bureau of Immigration; or
- In case of seafarers, photocopy of Seafarer’s Book.