Solemnization of Marriage

Consular Officers are authorized to solemnize marriages between two Filipinos of the states under the jurisdiction of the Embassy/Consulate General. Please check the Consulate Finder for the states covered by the Embassy/Consulates General in the U.S. 

Applicants for solemnization of marriage between FILIPINO citizens can check and download this guide for more information and reference.

Report of Marriage:
Application by Mail

The marriage of a Filipino should be reported to and registered with the Philippine Statistics Authority through the Embassy/Consulate General having jurisdiction over the locality where the event took place. Please check the Consulate Finder for the states /territories covered by the Embassy/Consulates General in the U.S.

Embassyreqs Civilreg 30

Four (4) original copies of the duly accomplished Report of Marriage Contracted Abroad form, typed or printed legibly in black ink, and signed by both husband and wife. Wives should indicate their maiden name as her last name in the form. Forms must be completely filled out in black ink, signed, and notarized.

Embassyreqs Coveringletter 41

Covering letter (handwritten or typed), addressed to the Consular Section, indicating the specific service/ transaction requested. It is important to provide a telephone number and/or email address in case consular staff needs to contact the applicant.

Philippine Embassy
Civil Registration Unit
1617 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC, 20036

Embassyreqs Civilreg 27

Original or certified true copy of the Marriage Certificate and four (4) photocopies.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If the Marriage Certificate does not specify the civil status of the parties or the number of previous marriages at the time of marriage, applicant must also submit the original or certified true copy of a Marriage Record or any other Government-issued document specifying the civil status of the parties or the number of previous marriages, and three (3) photocopies.

Embassyreqs Civilreg 18

Notarized copy of both spouses’ passport data page, and three (3) photocopies.

Embassyreqs Civilreg 19

Original or notarized copy of proof that the spouse(s) was/were Filipino(s) at the time of marriage (examples: green card, US visa, US naturalization certificate, notice of action, work permit, dual IC) and three (3) photocopies. If the spouse/s is/are former Filipino/s, please also submit a notarized copy of the foreign naturalization certificate and three (3) photocopies.

Embassyreqs Civilreg 24

Original copy of the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) birth certificate/s of the Filipino spouse(s) and four (4) photocopies.

Helpful Links:

Embassyreqs Civilreg 32

Notarized affidavit explaining the reasons for delayed registration if ROM is filed more than a year after marriage and three (3) photocopies.

Embassyreqs Civilreg 20

Self-Addressed USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate/Priority Express Return Envelope (with $9.85 Stamp and Tracking Number)

Embassyreqs Civilreg 21

Processing fee $25.00
Payable in money order made payable to “Embassy of the Philippines” (Cash, personal checks and credit cards are not accepted.)

For applicants residing in U.S. territories or other countries within the jurisdiction of the Philippine Embassy, applicants should enclose a treasurer’s, manager’s or certified check issued by a local bank that has a corresponding bank in the U.S, payable to the courier of choice, in U.S. dollars, to cover cost of mailing, and a corresponding self-addressed courier’s address label. Personal checks are not accepted.

The Consular Officer reserves the right to require additional documents from an applicant, to prove his/ her identity and/or citizenship, and ensure accurate and complete personal data entries, pursuant to the Philippine Passport Law (R.A. 8239) and the Foreign Service Act (R.A. 7157).

Citizen's Charter

Citizenscharter Updated Civilred Mail